Rainout and/or Cancelled Game Procdures:
· The City usually waits to call games 'off' until around 3pm. Should it be a down pour early in the day, and it is obviously not going to happen, they might call it earlier.
· Once the City makes the call to close the fields, the EBA scheduler will go into the Master Schedule and cancel games on the EBA website so that all our players, umpires, etc are notified that games are cancelled. There will also be a note on the top of the EBA homepage.
· Once games are cancelled the first thing coaches must do is go to the MBL website and mark the game as cancelled. Do not wait to find a new date. Go in and cancel the game. If you don't cancel your game the umpires will not be notified that the game was cancelled.
· After you mark the game as cancelled you can work on rescheduling your game. The home team coach should contact the away team with new option dates/times. You can find options on the EBA Master Schedule. You can't take a date/time where the field is already in use. This is why we only schedule practices 2 weeks in advance.
· If you want to cancel a game for any other reason, or before the City officially calls it, let the EBA scheduler know to cancel the game and then proceed with the procedures above.
Scheduling Practice Rules:
· Email your request to email@example.com. Start a new email each time and put your team's name in the Subject line (i.e. 15AAA Practice Request). If your request is for something within the next 48 hours, note that in the Subject line too.
· Two practices per week only.
· Request practices up to 2 weeks in advance.
· Practices are 90 minutes and start at 3:30pm, 5pm, 6:30pm and 8pm.
· Before you request, please look at the Master Schedule on the EBA website to see what is available. If it is NOT listed that means it is available.
· Click here to see the list of fields that EBA uses and what age uses them.
· Courtney Cages can be reserved (teams with games don't need to reserve them, they get first rights)
· No practices on Courtney fields EVER.
· Requests are done in the order they are recieved. The more info/options you give the better. Other requests will not be held on your request if there are issues. So again the more info the better.
· You can add anything to your schedule that is NOT on an Edina field. NEVER add or remove anything on and Edina field without going through the EBA Scheduler. If something is cancelled, it is NEVER deleted but instead marked as cancelled. This is especially important for games, because if it is removed from your schedule, it also impacts umpires, concessions and other staff.